Answered By: Juliet Marconi
Last Updated: Jan 09, 2017     Views: 20

No, access to LKC is not available to members of the public who are thinking of studying in a health related discipline.

If you have been told you can access the Cairns Hospital LKC (Library), then this is incorrect information.

The Cairns Hospital LKC (Library & Knowledge Centre) does not provide loans or other library services to members of the general public or students from other universities, TAFE or other educational institutions (except James Cook University). Site visits to use our resources are not allowed.

Students on placement at Cairns Hospital are able to use services for the period of their placement only.

If you are already working for Queensland Health (Cairns & Hinterland or Torres & Cape Hospital & Health Services), as well as studying, then you are able to access LKC.

Contact either the educational institution you want to study with or your local public library for further assistance.

Check links below for further information. The free public resources and list of libraries is available from our website.

Contact Cairns Hospital LKC

To contact Cairns Hospital, Library & Knowledge Centre (Cairns & Hinterland Hospital & Health Service):

  • +61 7 4226 6679
  • Email
  • 08:30-17:00

Closed weekends and public holidays.