Answered By: Juliet Marconi Last Updated: Jan 09, 2017 Views: 17
LKC offers a range of Current Awareness Services to support staff who want to know what the latest published research or articles are on their specific topic.
- Current Awareness Services for QH priority topics (CAS) - eg LKC produces STROKE CAS and distributes a number of other CAS
- Regular auto-alerts from CKN research databases (eg fortnightly, monthly) for the latest published articles on a specific search topic - emailed to your preferred address
- Table of contents for specific journal titles (eToCs) - emailed by LKC or we can assist you to set eToC alerts
- New resources lists available for borrowing from LKC - emailed to all Cairns & Hinterland and Torres & Cape HHS staff; and JCU students and staff based at Cairns Hospital. These lists are also available via the LKC Catalogue
- Subject based resource lists available for borrowing from LKC eg Research, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health, Disaster management, Child protection, Dementia, and more! These lists are available via the LKC Catalogue Public Lists page (see link below for all lists)
- Subject / topic based specialty guides (websites) available via the internet; to help locate library or CKN information and other related online resources. The guides also provide latest journal content and research database RSS feeds. Eg Oncology, Dementia, Healthy lifestyles, Child protection, Midwifery education, and more. See the full list on our Specialty Guides page (link below).
We can also conduct specific literature searches if you need to identify articles for your journal club. Please ensure you allow enough time between requesting / receiving search results and finding copies of articles.
Need more information? Go to the Staying current page on our website (link below). You'll find online forms etc to request various services, including latest STROKE CAS documents. Or contact LKC team for further assistance.
Contact Cairns Hospital LKC
To contact Cairns Hospital, Library & Knowledge Centre (Cairns & Hinterland Hospital & Health Service):
- +61 7 4226 6679
Closed weekends and public holidays.